Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Visa.. Overrated!?

A document that grants entry into a country. Just a single sheet, not to even mention it's only a paper, determines whether you can take the next step entering a country. Couple line of words, a few chop and signature makes up a Visa, short for the Latin carta visa, lit. "a document that has been seen"(wikipedia, 2008). It's amazing how powerful a single paper could be.

And it is this single paper that got me dead worried about whether I could make it for the flight in time or not. Well, if I couldn't.. Forget bout couldn't. As a person who's familiar with Photoshop, I could probably make a Visa of my own. Hell, they would never see the difference till at least when my course's over I estimate. Maybe I could even add my Visa to my portfolio. One of the things I would be proud of when I show my kids and grandchildren.

Kids: Whoa! Teach me grandpa, teach me!
Me: Alright kids hold your horses. It's easy to make a Visa when you get desperate for it.

Okay I am desperate for it but no, I'm not that reckless. Lol. Well, just a bit worried about it that's all. Roshan got his Visa a day just before his flight and now he's already in London. I was really happy for him. Hopefully I get mine too.. maybe last minutely. Just don't make it "last minute" literally please. I know I'm a last minute person but this is absurd. Anyway I don't think I need a Visa, I'm a good guy! Everyone knows I'll donate my 5 cents each time I have them.. Come on! I wouldn't strap a C4 to myself and suicide.. At most I'd just pass the C4 to the person next to me "Here, help yourself". Okay just kidding, I really need my Visa. Argh! Stress! But I'll take Haane's advice and be optimistic about it. Hmm.. Think I smell something.. Visa..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. visa is a piece of paper.. very true..

it's the same thing as the thing you are going there for.. to get another piece of paper which you can do it yourself.. :D

KariinaAndrew said...

EEK!!! it'll come to you bibi!!! please don't worry me more with your "i'll just go next year" or, your favourite line... "i get to be with you Ju!".

blek! i'm not the bad person!!! *pinch your cheeks*

please bibi... just calm yourself and stop worrying. your worrying should have been a few months ago when i asked whether you were excited about it or not... not now. so just take it as it is. YOU'LL GET IT!

~hug hugs and kisses~
silly boy...

Andu said...

alright calm down andrew.. it's just wednesday.. my flight's on friday so there's still time.. just hope those ppl doing my visa doesn't think the same way then it's alright for me..

haha thanks ju! i really hope it'll be ready on time.

Wai Keat Wong said...

Yo, Andu. Don't worry man, the last time when I was waiting for my VISA i was anxious too. But things goes smoothly when you remember to enjoy your remaining times in M'sia. :)

All the best, man! ^^

Andu said...

hey thanks Justin. i too hope that things will go smoothly. it'll be ideal if i get my visa this coming wednesday or thursday. and nice to see u started ur own blog too!