Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Truth About Farewells

Disclaimer: What you're about to read isn't a lecture! It's just some of the things I would think about when I have the time for it(which is quite often).

The truth about farewells is.. it isn't goodbye. It's just the beginning. Leaving Malaysia for further studies is just another chapter of life that's about to begun.

Previously, all I could think about is I'll be missing Malaysia.. especially my family and friends. The food too of course! The only picture I had in my mind was the airport on the 19th. Usually during these farewells everyone will be wishing goodbyes, take care, and good luck. Some will cry there and then. All I could think of was sad scenes. But that isn't true. Wishes are for the time ahead of us. "Take care over there, and good luck to what you're about to do there". It's all meant for what we're about to go through in the bittersweet future.

So as I was saying, just to tell myself, leaving Malaysia isn't the end of the world! It's just a period of time where I need to realise that no matter how far we are apart, we're merely in different places. No matter how distant we are, distance can be changed. And changes can be made. And it will be.

No comments: