Saturday, September 20, 2008

Refused Visa

Finally pulled myself together to write this post. I tried writing on the day itself but I couldn't think straight. When I was about to write, plenty of things shot right through my mind(including some curse, mind you) but I knew I wasn't ready for to blog. If I were to post it anytime sooner, it would've been meaningless words of random emotion. Anyway, let's talk about my refused visa application.. from a third person point of view!

The following story is based on a true story. It is categorized as +18sx(please don't believe this). Here goes!

He was a very happy boy.. Just kidding.

His name is Udna. He was very excited about his visa till the point where he finds it hard to sleep and even if he did, he had Visa nightmares.. It was horrible. Everyday he'll check the VFS website in hope that the Visa is ready for collection.. and it happened. He was so happy about it and told his girlfriend Enaah. Both of them met up and took LRT to Wisma MCA, Kuala Lumpur.

Wisma MCA, by Vedd

They both rushed up the elevator. This time it's not because they're excited, but they met someone Enaah recognized and they didn't want to be noticed. 19th floor. It went up very fast. He asked the guard at the entrance if his girlfriend could come along. She asked if it was just one. He happily replied, "Yes!" and then she said, "Oh, she'll have to wait at the entrance". He wasted 5 seconds wondering why she even ask how many there was, maybe he should've said her family is on their way too if that's what it takes to take Enaah in. He switched off his phone, passed his bag to Enaah, and waited for the call to enter. The door opened and this guy stuck his head out. He talked to the guard about "visa collection" and she pointed at Udna. The guy was so quick with his hands and he just took Udna's Visa receipt and closed the door behind him. All he could do was nod.

He was called to enter not long after. There was another guard inside and he asked what Udna's here for. He told him bout the collection, and the guard asked, "Oh, then where's your receipt?". Udna wasn't holding anything and he felt dumb telling him someone just took it.

Guard: Just like that?
Udna: Erm yea.. Just like that.

The guard then checked Udna with a metal detector(Gosh, he barely missed the tip of Udna's pistol(?) that might come in good use later.. Udna really wishes he had one). Then Udna proceed. Waited for about 10 minutes for them to call his name. *Really felt bad Enaah couldn't come in*. "Mister Udna Lek Noj?" It sounded something like that and he sat down, eagerly waiting for his Visa. The officer handed over Udna's documents and he signed. He then left and took the nearest seat to him. He pulled out a bunch of paper and 1st word he saw was "REFUSAL". *I don't know why I continued searching for my Visa but I did*. He checked his passport and it seems the same to him. Flipped it twice looking for his Visa. Then when he finally understand what is going on, it was too late. Tears formed on his eyes and he thought about the time Enaah and Noraa(his supposed to be room-mate) kept bugging him about applying earlier.

Then things started getting too teary and foggy in front of him. He left the place. Enaah waited patiently outside. *When she saw me, I saw the sweetest smile.. like when she's eating Shabu Shabu*. I did not know how to break the news to her then nor do I now. She was so excited but Udna faked a smile. It was obvious. She saw right through it. They went down the elevator. It was moving very slow. He looked for the nearest place to sit. Enaah ordered Curry Laksa and Udna a Teh. He hadn't the appetite to eat a thing at all. Not even his Teh. Only drank the Teh he ordered when Enaah started tearing too. Then they walked to KLCC. They were very quiet. It was the first time in many years that Udna came to KLCC. They walked around and Enaah pulled him to the park outside KLCC. *It was beautiful, but sadly I didn't think so on the spot*. He was still clouded with sorrow. Then they walked back inside. He felt so sorry about it. *Deep down I knew I wanted to walk the park with her*.

KLCC Park, by Dennis Detering

Then as they were about to walk into Working Title, Udna's mom called. She told him to go back to JM(the place where they help with the Visa) and they'll see what can be done. She assured him everything will be alright. And that's all he need. He faught through the clouded memories of sad images within him, tore apart the "him" that has given up inside.. It was a tough battle for him, battling with himself inside, but it wasn't for long. He pulled myself together. Took a deep breath.. All was not gone. *I see hope. I see what's in front of me. I see Haane*.

I re-applied for my Visa the day after. It got rejected because there wasn't enough proof or documents that I actually have the money to pay the fees and support myself when I'm in UK. So now I've provided what they need, and hopefully I'll get my Visa on Wednesday or Thursday for a flight on Thursday(ideally) and maybe, orientation. So, I was back to myself again. For the sake of myself, my family, my friends, my blog.. I'm once again Andu.

Special Thanks to Haane for being there for me not only during the collection of my Visa, but also the countless times she was there by my side when I need her the most. My family, and Aaron(my supposedly room-mate) for their support. And last but not least my friends and relatives who intends to come for my flight to see me off. Appreciate it all!

Thanks for reading. Though it's a bit cheesy and long winded, but that's what I went through. But from what I remember, I wasn't that emo. I don't think there were as much tears as I mention, but it doesn't matter. That was Udna's story. Wait till you hear mine.

3 comments:

KariinaAndrew said...

hmmm... how come this story sounds so familiar to me? ... oh well! XD

silly bibi! the truth is, that i've always been there for you and will always be! that's what a girlfriend is for... to comfort and to support you. i'm grateful to have known you, Andrew. you did the same for me when we were still in TOA together. i'll keep that in mind forever. thank you.

and now i'm here to support you no matter if our relationship's a long distant relationship... i'm here.

i love you.

ps. i loved the story. =)

Basil said...

wow.. you're a pretty good story teller.. i like how the protagonist and his girlfriend's names both rhyme.. udna.. enaah.. lol

KariinaAndrew said...

lol... i was talking about it to Andrew too! haha... i think i should just use that as my nick!

hello, i'm Enaah.