Saturday, November 29, 2008

Looking Back - Heathrow

I was feeling kinda lost when I reach Abu Dhabi. I tried walking around, going through the directories, study the flight time and gates, and I got tired of trying not to look lost. I am lost anyway, so I just sat down at the back row. The place was really small and compact. After I sat there for an hour, it's time to go.

I was realise I was quite reluctant to fly again. Probably because of the long hours and the boring moments travelling alone. At this point I was really tired. When I got onto the plane I got excited again. It never fail to amuse me looking out of the window during take off. Then the tiredness hits me again and I tried to sleep but I knew I wouldn't be able to.

Finally I reached London. The landing was delayed due to heavy mist in the area and we had to fly in circles for 30 minutes. The airport was quite packed. The customs were quite strict with a few people. I lined up for my turn for at least an hour. They asked me a few questions which I was too tired to remember, and then directed me to the medical office.

I was ready for this, already took my chest X-ray before I came here. When it was almost my turn, I panicked when I couldn't find the X-ray result in my hand luggage. Oh well, it took me another 45 minutes to convince the doctors that I'm well enough.

And it was in the doctor's office where I met a friend and he's from Malaysia as well. Then on, we collect our luggage, asked for directions, and bought ourselves bus tickets. He was heading to Oxford. At the bus station, it took another 2 hours I think, because the bus was delayed. But finally, I'm on my way to University of Hertfordshire. Finally.

1 comment:

KariinaAndrew said...

i thought traveling would be a fun thing, but reading what you posted makes me think twice!! LOL!! haha... but am glad that you reached there safely and that it wasn't delayed any longer. for i was afraid that you'll be out of the class. :D

PS. put more pictures!

*wink*