Sunday, October 19, 2008

UH

It's Sunday. Totally doesn't feel like it except for a Sunday service in church. I attend church quite frequently nowadays because that's the only place I could go. Weekends on campus is quite deserted. Most of the locals went back for the weekend. So nice.. If only I could go back for the weekend too, I thought to myself.

The place is nice. The people here are wonderful. Willing to help. The weather.. Very windy at times. The sun is still bright here which I'm quite thankful for. When the wind blows, it's very cold. But if it isn't windy at all, the temperature here is like air-con temperature back in home sweet home.

It's still autumn now or so I hope. It is starting to get a bit too chilly here. The leaves on the trees are nice. Green leaves on the lower part of the tree, and slowly gradient to dark orange on the top part. Most of the leaves are falling already. Dead leaves everywhere. Sigh.. This is so depressing! Lol just kidding.

Come to think of it, this is my first real post when I reach in UK. I've settled down already, luggages are fully unpacked this afternoon. Everything looking great. Winter's approaching. Haane's being quite strong already. Not much worries at hand. Kept in touch with everyone. Getting a laptop at the moment. And some churchmates just invited me to watch a Football match on tuesday night at their place.

I say let's watch together. Yes you.

8 comments:

Wai Keat Wong said...

Hey andu. U seems pretty settled up. I was wondering is there a ChinaTown at your place? :)

Andu said...

haha yea there is. in london though. din bother to travel around yet cause of the shortage of cash. now just spending my Pounds on food. lol.

KariinaAndrew said...

bibi! yes, i'm getting stronger everyday! thanks to bibi!!! i am getting stronger... and bibi too! :D bibi don't only save up pounds to eat k, but also save more pounds in your stomach ya! hehe... cute baby!

oh... i'm not going for dinner with your parents just yet ya, but postponed to next week. (29th Oct) i'll explain to you if you have a chance to call me ya!

i love you baby!

cheezy said...

Great to hear that you're doing good, yes, go down to chinatown in London, the duck rice in (Four Seasons? i think) is really good. Only edible food I could find actually, Asian food I mean =D That, and there are lots of "Chap Fun" shops there O.O

Stevve15 said...

Hey Im glad youre spending so much time with church and with church people! You must be getting to know God quite a bit! Which church do you go to :))

Andu said...

ju: haha yea i'm glad we're both stronger.. guess we're kinda used to it now and just let time do it's job. hehe. miss you!

xw: when i get a part time job, and get my pay, surely i will visit london. but i heard their food is very expensive. like £8 or something. will surely look for the duck rice!

Yee-Ko: i go to HOPE church. there's a HOPE London which is their mother church. This is HOPE Hatfield. it's quite ok and yea i go every sunday morning. u heard of HOPE?

Stevve15 said...

Hey yes we have a HOPE Auckland too! A few of my friends attend it and Ive also been to one of their services. I think theyre pretty good :)

But the thing about a church is that you should always take your time to find the right one before deciding to plant yourself there. So dont be afraid to look around and explore other churches instead of just sticking to the first one you went to. I mean if you feel like Hope Church is the church that God has called you to then great! By all means let that be your home church. But if you think its ok or that you would be more comfortable in a different environment then definitely look around. And always remember to ask God for which church He wants you to be in :)

cheezy said...

expensive? Not really, I survived with £3-4 for lunch =D But that's bread, fruits and some juice XD