Sunday, October 26, 2008

The 1st Month

"It's 3"
Andu: Are you serious?
Jacky: Yea. 3 degree.

Yes I was shocked. I felt as though I'm living in a freezer or somewhere as cold. That was at night though, about 12am when I was walking back with my friends that I met in church. There were 5 of us, right after watching a football match. It feels weird watching TV for me when I'm in my friend's place. I feel as though it's my first time watching one.

Same feeling as when I took a cab when there's 4 or 5 of us. I'm sitting in a car.. That's so unreal for me because when I reach UK, there's a mind barrier that I held before me. I could never drive, there won't be TV, etc. It felt nice though. First car ride in UK was in a cab. When one of my friend in church told me he could drive, I was like, "Wow you got a car here!?". Then I noticed how absurd that question was.

I'm doing fine here in UK. It's getting a little too cold for comfort. On Friday my church friends, William, Jacky, Jason, and Mahesh invited me to visit London with them tomorrow(Saturday) and my eyes grow brightly.

I woke up at 7.45am and got ready. Brush teeth, breakfast, skin lotion, lips care, and off I go. William woke up late and we had to wait from 9am till 10am, then till 10.45am for the bus. We reached the station and I noticed there were another 2 girls following us, Rain and Yi Li. We went by train with an All-Day Pass ticket. Here are some pictures.



















After that we went to Chinatown. It was already about 6pm I think. It was quite dark though but luckily the camera my mom bought for me was awesome.


















These are just a few of them. I will post all of the other pictures, and the same ones, in a new post. We went to the Eye of London as well. I won't tell you how it is, but to show you in pictures.

















There, London as it is. When my friends have uploaded the pictures I'll take some from them as well. From left to right, including those 2 girls at the back, Yi Li, Rain, Mahesh, Jacky, William, Jason, and Andrew at the camera.

















We were really tired after this whole day trip in London. We've spent more than 12 hours all over and it's my first time traveling so far from Hatfield. Thank you for reading! Don't just read next time k. Come UK :D

10 comments:

cheezy said...

Ah! London, so much fun... Wish I can go there again D8

Andu said...

look again xiaowen! is that the crispy duck rice u mentioned?

Wai Keat Wong said...

OMG! That wheel thingy is beautiful! O.o!

Stevve15 said...

Hey good to see you enjoying yourself. Reminded me of how I was when I first left home 4 years ago. These 9 months will shape you into the person that you will be for the rest of your life so make an effort to place yourself in the right environment. It wont always be easy but at least you know there will always be someone you can count on.

By the way your church friends seem really awesome!

cheezy said...

Eh, I don't know la, you ate up at the first floor? I only ate at the ground floor D8

Andu said...

justin: yea that eye of london was really eye-catching. could see it from far away. i tried taking pic of it with the Big Ben on the past pic but it's quite blur.. haha.

Yee-Ko: i noticed how important it is to be here doing my degree and what u said is true cause i realised i learnt a lot and will continue learning not only for my degree but for myself as well. haha yea they're and awesome bunch! very outgoing.

XiaoWen: i din have my dinner there. and that palce is ground floor when i noticed it while walking along the road. haha. maybe renovated? o.o

cheezy said...

EH!! Why didn't the pictures load for me the first time, yea that's the shop =D Crispy duck rice four seasons =D in front of ikkyusan XD should go there makan if you have the time.

KariinaAndrew said...

test...test....

KariinaAndrew said...

bibi!!! it's really nice to see you blogging again!!! and that you're having a good time there! *be strong and think positive okay! everything's going to be going good. you'll do fine.* i believe in you and i'm definitely sure everyone's supporting you in every way, so all you gotta do now is support yourself okay! we'll do our jobs here! and i've finally got my internet line and it seems to be working fie with the laptop, but now i have find out whether it works properly with my comp at home. and i can't tell you how much i miss you over here and it's getting on my nerves. blek!!! anyway, i really hope that the line's going to be running smooth in the room and anything, cause i'm not going to go through those miserable days again. and i'm definitely going to blog more after i get the line to work! until then, take good care okay! it's snowing, and it's making me jealous! hehe... take more pictures and don't catch an even terrible cold ya, as you're already having a cold. good luck bibi, i'll call you when i see a miss call on my phone ya! wouldn't want to annoy you again.

Ps. i love you!

Andu said...

wah that's one of the longest comments i've ever seen. haha. okie okie! hehe.. thanks ya for always being there for me.. hugs! i love you too!